The OUC assists and advises the the Vice President of Research and the Vice Chancellor of Research whose offices manage research grants and contracts from the US government, other governmental agencies, industry, and foundations, and oversee UNM's compliance with Federal research regulations.
The OUC serves as the liaison with STC.UNM, the University's technology transfer group. STC.UNM manages UNM's intellectual property (such as patents and copyrights) and the licensing of UNM's intellectual property.
The OUC also assists and advises on matters or issues pertaining to the following:
- Clinical Trial Agreements
- Compliance issues (Conflict of Interest, Export Control, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), Institutional Review Board (IRB), Research Misconduct)
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Principal Investigator training and education
- Graduate Student training and education
- Research collaborations and alliances (domestic and international) with industry
- Use of UNM facilities